What are some great recipes to use with your Virgin Wheat?
If you’ve been wondering what to use your Virgin Wheat for, here are some great recipes to help you incorporate the superfood into your diet.
Einkorn Crepes with Fresh Berries
- 1/2 cup Virgin Wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Fresh berries, for serving
- Crème fraîche or yogurt, for serving
- Butter, for serving
- Honey, for serving
- Whisk together flour, salt, eggs, maple syrup, milk, and melted butter until smooth. Heat 8″ skillet and lightly grease with oil. Place a scant ¼ cup of batter in pan. Tilt the pan so that the batter covers the entire pan and cook for about 30-45 seconds. Flip and cook for another 15 seconds. Layer done crepes, slightly overlapping, on a plate.
- Top crepes with favorite toppings such as butter, berries, honey, and/or Crème fraîche
Roasted Cranberry and Vanilla Bean Einkorn Scones
- 2 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup 2% or whole milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups (240g) Einkorn Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into chunks
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400˚. Place cranberries in a roasting pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. Cranberries should have released their juices. Set aside to let cool.
- While cranberries are roasting, slice the vanilla bean in half and scrape out the seeds into a small saucepan. Add the milk to the pan, bring to a simmer, remove from heat, and let cool completely.
- Once cranberries and milk are cool, whisk together Einkorn flour, baking powder, and salt. With your hands or a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour mixture. Butter should be in pea-size pieces.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 egg, maple syrup, and milk. Pour into dry ingredients and stir until just coming together.
- Scoop dough onto a well-floured surface and pat into a large rectangle. Spread cooled cranberries over dough and roll into a log or fold into a circle. Cut eight triangles out of the dough and place on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Whisk together egg and heavy cream then brush over scones. Bake for 20-24 minutes until scones are golden and firm. Remove from oven and let cool before eating.
All recipes from Deliciously Ella